Michael Griffin & Lachlan Hamilton “Bosses of Bebop”
Inspired by the collaborations of Vincent Herring and Eric Alexander, Cannonball Adderley and John Coltrane, Sonny Stitt and Gene Ammons, 2 of Australia’s finest saxophonists are joining forces in what’s set to be a Hard swinging performance filled with plenty of fireworks. Backed by an extremely talented rhythm section.
Michael Griffin- Alto Saxophone
Lachlan Hamilton- Tenor Saxophone
Aaron Blakey- Piano
Noel Mason- Bass
Tim Geldens- Drums
* ENDORSED BY D’ADDARIO REEDS
* COMPOSITIONS FEATURED IN AUSTRALIAN JAZZ REAL BOOK
* FEATURED IN THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD
* ARTIST IN RESIDENCE WITH FINE MUSIC 102.5FM
* 4 TIME FINALIST FOR GENERATIONS IN JAZZ JAMES MORRISON SCHOLARSHIP
* 2013 THELONIOUS MONK INTERNATIONAL SAXOPHONE COMP SEMIFINALIST
* FEATURED IN DOWNBEAT MAGAZINE (USA)
* NOMINATED FOR 2016 YOUNG AUSTRALIAN JAZZ ARTIST OF THE YEAR
* DEBUT ALBUM “UNEXPECTED GREETING” (ABC) 4 STARS IN “THE AUSTRALIAN”
* PERFORMED LIVE ON ABC BRISBANE, PERTH, SUNSHINE COAST.
* WORKED IN NEW YORK WITH DRUMMER BILLY KAYE (CHARLIE PARKER, THELONIOUS MONK, STANLEY TURRENTINE)
Hailing from the small community on Scotland Island, Sydney, Australia, Lachlan Karl Hamilton began playing the piano at the age of four. Taking up the clarinet, and then saxophone soon after, his musical journey has taken him around the world performing with the likes of James Morrison, Don Burrows, Kate Ceberano, Mat Jodrell, Troy Roberts, Sarah McKenzie, Patti Austin, The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and many more. Lachlan is fast becoming a well-known identity of the Australian Jazz scene.